THE best strawberry cookies you'll ever make
I had a bowl full of strawberries that either I needed to sit down and eat - in one sitting - or make something with them, or they were gonna go bad. A bowl of strawberries sounded tummy upsetting so I made something! Cookies! And they were FANTASTIC!! So I must share!!
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup oil (I used extra virgin olive oil but I guess you can use whatever oil you want!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (104 grams)
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour (227 grams)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (140 grams) I think you could use ANY fruit here!!
- powdered sugar for dusting - optional
Pre-heat oven to 350f (180c). Line 1 or 2 cookies sheets w/parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, juice, oil, vanilla, and sugar until well combined.
Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
Gently fold in the chopped strawberries just until combined.
Form into balls (or spoonfuls) and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15mins - keep a close eye on them! Mine only took 12mins. My oven rocks!
Let them cool, dust them with some powdered sugar, and EAT EAT EAT.
So easy and So good!!
I made 18 cookies from this batch and I figure they're about 125 calories each.