Garlic Mozzarella Bagels
I want bagels. Italy doesn't have bagels. So I made my own! I was going to do a cauliflower bagel because I've done that before, but wanted it to be a little more bread like. So this is what happened...
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (loose, not packed)
3/4 cup of flour (but then I added a bit more at the end because it was sticky)
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 (200).
2. Stir together the cheese, flour, and cream cheese in microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave on high heat for 1 minute, stir, and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Stir in egg, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt - stir gently until well combined.
5. Divide the mixture into 6 even portions and roll them into loose balls (this is when I had to add a bit more flour because my dough was sticky). Place evenly apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Make a hole in the middle and spread each ball out into a ring.
7. Bake until golden brown - watch them!!
I topped mine with cream cheese, salmon, onions and cucumbers. I would also recommend these bagels as a sandwich bread. YEAH!!!